f you’re looking to add a plug socket to your home, it’s important to consider the type of plug that will work best. These plugs are available in various designs and colours. This blog post will introduce you to the different types of plugs and some of the things you should consider when deciding.
What are your electrical needs?
- Before buying any plug, think about the electrical needs of your home.
- What appliances do you need to plug in? How many do you need? Do you need a socket near your bed, or would it be better placed in the hallway to charge phones overnight? What about the kitchen, bathroom and living room? Is there a specific area convenient for a plug to be located?
What do you think of the quality of the socket?
- When you are choosing a plug socket, it is important to consider the quality of the socket. In addition, you should look at the materials used, check that it has a good warranty, and ensure it has been tested to safety standards.
- It would help if you also considered looking for a good brand-name socket. Some people prefer sockets made by known brands because they know they will be safe and reliable.
How many sockets will give you enough power?
- How many sockets will give you enough power? It is a question that needs to be asked if you’re looking for a new plug.
- If you have a lot of appliances and electronics, or many people in the house who need to use the socket, it might be worth looking at something with more than one socket.
Do you want a plug socket in a different colour to match your room decor?
- Choosing a socket colour is personal, but it should also be considered for the rest of your home.
- If you have white walls and furniture, black sockets may not be an ideal choice.
- However, if you’re looking for something to stand out from the crowd and make that statement, black is perfect!
- Some colours may look great when matched with other electrical items such as lamps, plugs, etc. For example, Red sockets would look good with red lamps, whereas blue or green would go well with blue/green lamps; yellow/orange would complement brown/beige tones etc.
Is the plug socket waterproof or splashproof?
- If you have an area of your home prone to splashing or wetting, such as a bathroom or kitchen, then it’s important to consider whether the plug socket is waterproof.
- If not, then it may be worth investing in one that is splashproof.
Are no-screw or double screwless terminals available?
- If you have many electrical items in your home, it can be useful to have a socket that allows you to connect multiple plugs.
- It is particularly useful if you want to connect multiple devices at once (such as lamps or appliances) but don’t want them cluttering up the surface of your furniture.
- A double-screwless terminal allows you to use either no screws or just one screw for each plug.
Do you need a plug socket with a USB?
- USB sockets are a convenient way to charge your phone and tablet, but they also have other uses. For example, you can use USB sockets to charge laptops, phones, and tablets.
- If you prefer the flexibility of charging multiple devices simultaneously, then a USB socket may be right for you.
Can you mount the socket flush to the wall?
- You can mount the socket flush to the wall, on a surface or in a cupboard.
- You can also mount it on a ceiling, in a garage and your kitchen.
- You’ll need to consider the size, weight and placement of your socket when choosing a mounting method.
- If you want to mount it flush to the wall, you can use a recess or surface-mounted box.
Plug sockets can be practical, stylish and energy efficient. However, if you’re looking for a new one, there are plenty of considerations before choosing the right one for your needs, such as whether it’s a double or single socket, how many amps it can provide and where it should be mounted.